The Hollywood Reporter Names the 50 Power Showrunners of 2013
After a soap-tastic season-three finale that sent shockwaves around the world (Farewell, Matthew!), Fellowes, 64, and Neame, 46, have solidified their costume drama as a bona fide international phenomenon. Which is why on Oct. 7, fans lit up the Internet (again) when a new episode depicting a rape aired in the U.K. (Season four returns stateside in January.) Such a global uproar is evidence of why the series about 1920s British aristocrats is Masterpiece’s biggest in its 40-year history, with an estimated 120 million viewers tuning in at one point. Downton is now a perennial Emmy contender (it won best miniseries in 2011).
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!