Hollywood's 20 Masters of Horror: The Twisted Talents Raising the Most Hell
Plec, 41, had been in Hollywood less than two years when she was hired as Wes Craven’s assistant while Craven was in post on the 1995 Eddie Murphy thriller Vampire in Brooklyn. It was while working for Craven that Plec met Kevin Williamson, who penned the screenplay for Craven’s Scream and became Plec’s second mentor.
Today, she has a list of horror credits including The CW hit The Vampire Diaries (which she created with Williamson), TVD spinoff The Originals, which bowed Oct. 3 to 2.15 million viewers, and a reboot of the classic British series The Tomorrow People, which premieres Oct. 9.
“I got to be a kid in the ’80s,” she says of her affinity for the genre. “Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, My Bloody Valentine: the good ones, the bad ones, the sequels — I saw them all at slumber parties.”
Read THR's complete Masters of Horror list here.
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!