Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
In addition to being the primary development exec on such critically acclaimed efforts as Archer and Wilfred, the married, New Jersey-born USC grad, 33, is hands-on with upcoming efforts The Americans (with Keri Russell) and Legit as well as The League and Justified.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: FX’s John Landgraf, Nick Grad and Eric Schrier. They gave me a home to be myself and really grow as an executive.
BIG BREAK: Walking in the door at FX. I started as an assistant to Matt Cherniss.
BEST ADVICE: After years as an assistant, Landgraf sat me down and said, “Kate, if there’s anything else in this life that you can do, you should do it.” I was like, “Yeah, dude, I’ve been an assistant for seven years [beginning her career at CAA]. Unfortunately, I f—ing love this.” It was good advice because you have to love it.
TURNING POINT: When I was in fifth grade, I had to do a report where students had to pick a show on the fall schedule that they thought would survive and then defend it. For whatever reason, I picked The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
MOVIE FIX: A martial arts flick from the 1970s called Master of the Flying Guillotine.
LUNCH SPOT: Father’s Office.
WHEN I’M NOT WORKING I’M: At the beach.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!