Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
The industry diner counts director Steven Soderbergh, producer Mel Brooks, producer Mark Canton, ICM’s Scott Wexler, Matthew Weiner and the Wayans brothers among its longtime regulars.
Opened 26 years ago by siblings Adam and David Lewis, whose parents founded Hamburger Hamlet in 1950 as a safe haven for blacklisted contract players like themselves (dad played alongside Humphrey Bogart in Key Largo; mom was Marlo Thomas’ dresser on That Girl), Kate Mantilini’s comfort-food friendly menu and convenient location (just down the road from Management 360, across from BWR Public Relations and The Weinstein Co. and two blocks from Brillstein Entertainment Partners and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) make it a heavily trafficked eatery for walk-ins.
Even with ample seating, true power-lunchers lunge for one of 12 booths along the wall of windows. While Kate’s new online reservations system accepts requests for the coveted nooks, be forewarned if you plan on talking business.
“There’s an echo effect,” says one industry insider. As for tourists, they, too, have a favorite four-top. Says Adam Lewis, whose brother is head chef, “It’s where Pacino and De Niro sat when they filmed Heat” — and now Table 24 is the name of a cocktail on Kate’s new mixology menu.
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released