THR's Women in Entertainment 2011: Power 100
"If you're a particular kind of crazy, then this is the most satisfying business to be in," says Pope, laughing. It's no wonder she feels that way: Pope just wrapped up sales for this development season -- her company sold more than 15 network projects -- and she's already thinking ahead to next year.
Slowing down is not something the Chicago native does particularly well, as evidenced by a whirlwind year during which she launched Fox's New Girl and Terra Nova, and gave birth to her second child. "I'd gone to Australia on the Terra Nova pilot when I was five months pregnant and then I had a baby in March when we started shooting New Girl," says Pope, 39, adding: "I sort of feel like [the New Girl crew has ]taken care of my baby as much as I have."
Up next is the midseason premiere of Touch, the Kiefer Sutherland drama that she and former Heroes honcho Tim Kring have been discussing since 2009. The pair had worked together closely during Pope's stint as head of NBC's sister studio, then called Universal Media Studios, where Heroes joined such offerings as Friday Night Lights, The Office and 30 Rock. The gig, which ended abruptly during Ben Silverman's controversial tenure, came after the former newswoman's decade-long climb up NBCUniversal's corporate ladder.
These days, there's little climbing left to do for Pope, an avid fan of such shows as Homeland, Breaking Bad and Project Runway, who calls 2011 "one of the most satisfying years of my life."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet