The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Influential Interior Designers in L.A.
Tommy and his mother, Kathleen Clements, of Kathleen Clements Design, are known for their gallery-like spaces filled with judiciously chosen rustic antiques so spare in their lines that they function almost as sculpture, whether in a light-filled Hollywood Hills house, a Pennsylvania farmhouse or a Hamptons compound. They declined to discuss clients, but sources at multiple showrooms say they are working with Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston.
The actress this year bought an A. Quincy Jones midcentury masterpiece in Bel-Air for $21 million. The talented Clementses (Kathleen also has a furniture line) tell THR they are at work on a Bel- Air Mediterranean designed by Paul Williams. Neither is overawed by designing among masters. “There’s a reverence you have to take into consideration,” says Tommy, “but at the same time, I am of the belief that things need to be brought up to date.”
On Hollywood style: “I don’t think there is one defined style,” says Tommy. “You have people who are ahead of the curve, and those people lead the way.”
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!