The Hollywood Reporter Names 2013's 35 Most Powerful People in Media
This story first appeared in the April 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Racking up exclusive gets from Manti Te'o (the Notre Dame football star who claimed he was a victim of a hoax after it was revealed that his deceased girlfriend had never existed) to Sue Paterno (the wife of the deceased Penn State coach accused of covering up his assistant coach Jerry Sandusky's serial child molestations), Couric has distinguished herself in daytime.
Her syndicated talk show is the rocky season's No. 1 new series with more than 2.5 million viewers. "The grind of a daily one-hour show has certainly been an adjustment, but I have a smart, energetic staff, plus the support of Disney and ABC, with the tremendous resources of ABC News," she says, sharing the credit as one might expect from someone whose empathetic openness -- she admitted in September 2012 that she suffered from bulimia in college -- has helped her land all those exclusives.
BEST GUEST: "Robert De Niro came on to talk about Silver Linings Playbook, and that led to a conversation about mental health and how it is treated in this country. He became very emotional, and it was just one of those great television moments."
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Almost Sweeps Young Hollywood Awards 2014 - See Complete Winners List!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014