Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
“Honestly, there is no better place for sushi on the globe than Katsuya,” Ellen DeGeneres has tweeted. “Nothing even compares! Thanks Katsuya for what you do!”
Yes, it can get loud, and the tables are close -- but that’s exactly what one Emmy-nominated rising-star actor likes about the place: “Sitting that close to someone while pitching something generates a certain level of intimacy.”
Founding chef Katsuya Uechi has spun off Katsu-yas, many created by ubiquitous designer Philippe Starck, from Laguna Beach to Houston. The Brentwood location is more high-wattage, where Patrick Dempsey won’t touch his rice and Joss Whedon has dined solo.
At the original Studio City Katsu-ya, you’re more apt to see lots of low-key Warner Bros. execs. Says one insider, “Everyone orders the same three things: tuna on crispy rice, albacore sashimi with crispy onions and manna-from-heaven baked crab rolls.”
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport