Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
The Canada-born pair — Harris now lives in New York, Welch in L.A. — created one of Oscar night’s most talked-about moments with Keibler’s gold Marchesa gown, an example of how style can help put a personality on the map (dating George Clooney doesn’t hurt, either).
Harris and Welch made quirky New Girl’s Deschanel turn heads in neon-green Prada at the Globes, as they did for last year’s red-carpet darling Steinfeld with her age-appropriate but fashion-forward Rodarte and Miu Miu looks.
The stylists also are famous for attention-getting accessories. For Wilde’s appearance at Vanity Fair’s post-Oscar party, the duo put the actress in a black Gucci strapless gown and added Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.
“The dress was so simple, but the vintage jewelry made it like sex,” says Welch. “I was like, ‘Let’s just go for ’70s Gucci sex — refined but hot.’ ”
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!