Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
The Canada-born pair — Harris now lives in New York, Welch in L.A. — created one of Oscar night’s most talked-about moments with Keibler’s gold Marchesa gown, an example of how style can help put a personality on the map (dating George Clooney doesn’t hurt, either).
Harris and Welch made quirky New Girl’s Deschanel turn heads in neon-green Prada at the Globes, as they did for last year’s red-carpet darling Steinfeld with her age-appropriate but fashion-forward Rodarte and Miu Miu looks.
The stylists also are famous for attention-getting accessories. For Wilde’s appearance at Vanity Fair’s post-Oscar party, the duo put the actress in a black Gucci strapless gown and added Van Cleef & Arpels jewels.
“The dress was so simple, but the vintage jewelry made it like sex,” says Welch. “I was like, ‘Let’s just go for ’70s Gucci sex — refined but hot.’ ”
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport