The Hollywood Reporter Unveils Comedy Class of 2013
"Mind-boggling." That's how Hart describes his recent career surge: In the past year, the Philadelphia native's latest tour, Let Me Explain, grossed $38 million, his Twitter following grew to more than 7 million, and his BET reality-spoof series, The Real Husbands of Hollywood, drew more than 6 million viewers. The 32-year-old also scored a spot hosting SNL in March. "I think my core audience grew with me -- you need that approval when you're a black comedian!" says the divorced father of two. "And then I said, 'OK, I need more folks to get where I'm coming from.' " Hart's Let Me Explain, the concert film of his comedy tour, opens July 3.
Hart first knew he was funny when … "I was 10 and at a family reunion, and I thought it'd be funny to put on a sweat suit and stick balloons inside to look fat like our aunts, who were all really big. Family members were dying."
High point of the last year "Selling out two shows at Madison Square Garden."
Funniest joke he told this year "I told a story in my stand-up routine about my fear of fighting a guy whose dick is out. It's my biggest fear. I'm small, so when I fight, I gotta get your legs and scoop you. And the fear is that I'm going to scoop somebody, and there will be a dick hitting me on the head. There's no way to win because for the rest of your life, you'll be known as the guy who got hit with a dick."
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'