TV's Top 50 Showrunners 2010
The "Scream" movie franchise and teen soap "Dawson's Creek" put Williamson on the map in the late 1990s. But co-running a show about vampires in 2010 has proven a totally different beast. "Yes, we are riding the coattails of 'True Blood,' which I love, and 'Twilight,' " he says. "But we are also writing a horror movie, a teen drama, a family story and one about a small town, all in one. And there's a wink-wink to it all, too." Plec, who also has a film background ("Scream 3"), co-ran the ABC Family hit "Kyle XY" before joining Williamson to help the young-skewing CW attract a demo far broader than for its usual fare.
Favorite TV Moment: "David E. Kelley and 'Picket Fences' made me realize how powerful TV could be," Williamson says.
Big Break: "I was 24, waiting tables in New York, and [TV director] Paris Barclay needed a new assistant. I stage managed a cabaret for him because I had a theater background and pulled it together lickety-split. He was like, 'Wow!' He got me a job in L.A. after that."
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!