Power Lawyers 2011
As one of the town's top corporate finance specialists, Ulman helps studios scour the globe searching for money to make movies. "It's interesting and frustrating at the same time; we are chasing lots of transactions," he says. Ulman represented Paramount in its $250 million distribution and co-financing deal with Skydance Pictures, the production company of David Ellison, son of billionaire tech mogul Larry Ellison. The partnership is off to a good start -- Skydance's first investment was the Coen brothers' True Grit, which grossed $250 million worldwide. Ulman also repped Fox in a multiyear extension of its slate financing with Dune Entertainment and Universal in the amendments to its multi-year slate financing deal with Relativity Media.
WEEKEND ESCAPE With four children out of the house, Ulman and wife Jane have taken up horseback riding in Moorpark and Simi Valley.
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'