Women in Entertainment 2010 - Power 100 List
She’s behind one of the biggest franchises in history (the $2.5 billion-earning Spider-Man series) and the only woman to have produced the Oscar telecast twice, but it still mystifies Ziskin how she landed in showbiz. “My father and stepmother were psychologists, so I don’t really know where it came from,” says the San Fernando Valley native, who lives with Oscar-winning screenwriter Alvin Sargent (Julia). “I guess I just always liked putting on a show.” She also likes leading Hollywood’s charge to increase cancer research awareness through the organization she co-founded with Sherry Lansing, Stand Up to Cancer. Its second telethon Sept. 5, also produced by Ziskin, raised another $80 million. While Ziskin continues to deal with her own cancer, she’s already at work on the new Spider-Man reboot starring newcomer Andrew Garfield. “When I think about how good he’s going to be it keeps me excited,” she says.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'