THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
"I look at 2012 as a good-to-great year," says the New York-based Zalaznick, 49. "I can't say that we feel comfortable predicting the stabilization of viewership ... but it certainly feels like we know better where the landscape is in terms of television viewing, appetite for great content including digital, and the marketplace." With that in mind, her vision includes expansion into scripted programming for Bravo, the top-rated channel of a cable portfolio that also includes Oxygen, Style and mun2 (in development: a series adaptation of 2009 indie The Joneses and a reboot of 1989 cult classic Heathers); a bigger piece of the Spanish-language media pie for Telemundo (on track to have another record ratings year); and explosive growth at Fandango (mobile ticket transactions increased 116 percent year-over-year during summer 2012). With such a diverse portfolio, Zalaznick does not fear the fractionalization of entertainment platforms and increase in on-demand viewing. "It's healthy if you follow the eyeballs of one program from platform to platform," she says. "That is where we keep our focus."
Toughest decision I had to make this year: It wasn't a tough decision, but Bravo really threw down a gauntlet by announcing our presence in the scripted arena.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: Go home. When I wake up in the morning, I can't wait to get to work.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Cook and see a lot of movies.
Most surprising songs on my iPhone: A tremendous amount of folk and classic country.
Proudest moment this year: Jose Diaz-Balart and the Telemundo news team anchoring Election Night coverage from NBCUniversal's Democracy Plaza.
Totally starstruck around: Weirdly, business moguls in any industry, like Virginia Rometty, the CEO of IBM.
Embarrassed to admit I watch: The only thing I'm embarrassed about is how little television I watch.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project