THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
TV's undisputed "It" girl and hipster goddess shattered all notions of what's sexy -- and funny -- with her realistic docu-comedy, which earned the writer/director/star three Emmy noms and recently wrapped filming on its second season, set to bow Jan. 13. The 27-year-old's book deal with Random House for more than $3 million solidified her multimedia-mogul-on-the-rise status.
Who gave me my first big break: Janet Pierson, programmer of the SXSW film festival. She screened my first feature [2009's Creative Nonfiction] which, at 57 minutes, wasn't quite a feature after all.
When I leave work, I can't wait to: Watch New Girl and fall asleep with my computer on my chest.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Is with other, different kinds of work. I have two modes: work or nap. All else I fail at.
Proudest moment this year: When I moved my dad's car for him in the middle of the night even though I have no license!
Totally starstruck around: I'd pretty much freak out on Obama.
Top three shows on my DVR: I honestly can't work it. It's a mystery.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak