THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Lichter, 61, is queen attorney on the indie film scene, and nothing proved this more than the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. There, the mother of three grown children found herself with the good fortune of representing filmmakers behind arguably the three biggest breakout hits: Beasts of the Southern Wild, Arbitrage and The Queen of Versailles. Lichter also is active on behalf of Democratic causes.
When strangers are confused about what I do: I tell them I help artists get paid and stay protected.
My indulgence: I'm a fantastic eBay buyer of weird shit, like the Frank Gehry chair made from cardboard I just bought.
Can't get through my workday without: Checking blogs. During the election, I was obsessed with projections on 538, Princeton and Daily Kos.
Totally starstruck around: Bob Dylan, always my hero, and Rachel Maddow. And now Nate Silver -- he's my boyfriend.
Best advice I've ever gotten: Get to know people before you need them.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup