Ryan Seacrest Is No. 1 on THR's Reality Power List
Since the inception of the juggernaut Kardashian franchise (which recently launched two more spinoffs: Kourtney & Kim Take New York and Khloe & Lamar) and the continued success of the Girls Next Door offshoots Holly's World and Kendra, Lisa Berger has moved the network from idle star-watcher to pioneering starmaker. "Reality is the core of our network," says the Los Angeles-based mother of two, who plans to further develop the genre on E! this year. "Our success in exploring these amazing characters has grown the network." From the Kardashian sisters' infamous at-home bikini wax to uncovering the source of the mysterious noise in Kendra's basement (her hot-pink vibrator), viewers can't seem to get enough. With a sixth season of Keeping up With the Kardashians in the works, Berger (who, given the success of her shows, jumped ahead 18 spots this year on the Reality Power List) plans to expand the network's reality programming, including the addition of a dance competition series, The Dance Scene, in April. But Berger believes developing the right characters will remain their primary focus: "We bring to the table larger than life characters that provide viewers with some wish fulfillment, what they hope will happen in their lives. But at the end of the day, they're real and flawed, just like us."
- Comics Legend Daniel Clowes on Hate Mail, Jim Belushi, and Not Forgiving Shia LaBeouf
- How Much Rape Is Too Much Rape on My Favorite Shows? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Exclusive Photos of A$AP Rocky Chilling, Blazing With an Artist Pal
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower Are Officially Back Together - See Their PDA Pics!
- Orange is the New Black's Danielle Brooks to Make Broadway Debut in 'Color Purple'!
- Alan Ritchson Goes Shirtless for 'I Can Do That' Aerial Dance with Nicole Scherzinger! (Video)
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Have a Day Date in London