THR's Women in Entertainment 2011: Power 100
Despite a major transition under the NBCUniversal umbrella and viewer backlash after the Kardashian wedding debacle, Berger still considers 2011 a rather smooth and successful year for the network. "It's been a really great nurturing period and we are seeding growth," says the 47-year-old, who climbed the ranks at E! after a 12-year tenure at MTV. "Frankly, I'm really proud of this year."
The network spectacle Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event brought more than 10.5 million viewers to E! for the two-part special and generated up to $100,000 per 30-second ad spot over the course of two nights.
In October, the network announced a new goal to break into the scripted world by 2013 (E! brought in former ABC Studios comedy head Kevin Plunkett to oversee the scripted push). "We really are starting from scratch," says the avid American Horror Story fan. "We'll definitely start with one hour, but I don't feel it's going to be drama or comedy necessarily. Somewhere in between, but dramedy is so overused. I'd like to coin a new phrase."
The network also signed a two-year deal with Chelsea Lately host Chelsea Handler. Amid all this, the married mother of two daughters considers her biggest personal achievement one that's a little closer to home: "My 11-year old is getting a dance solo. I'm a total dance mom -- it's really scary."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay