THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Paulsen, 57, has raised more than $800 million for charity and made the EIF a major force in health activism with its Women's Cancer Research Fund, the Picture Quitting anti-smoking program and its Revlon Run/Walk for Women. The married mother of two also co-founded Stand Up to Cancer with Sherry Lansing and Katie Couric.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: I volunteered at a charity event while doing an internship at NBC.
Who gave me my first big break: [Former Universal and Fox exec] Dan Slusser. He was the architect of my rise through the ranks at the EIF.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Flying my glider plane. It's very poetic in the air.
One indulgence: Weekly mani and pedi at a salon in Manhattan Beach.
Proudest moment this year: After the Stand Up to Cancer telecast.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: "Always try to do what you say you're going to do."
Best advice I've ever gotten: From my dad: "Dream big and be real."
Embarrassed to admit I watch: The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)