Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
While a student at Loyola Marymount University, Mulvey, 28, launched his company GoDigital (a music distribution service). The Solana Beach, Calif., native got a break when Master P agreed to let Mulvey handle his digital distribution. Today, the L.A.-based company has evolved to focus solely on the digital distribution of movies (and has done so for more than 500 films).
BEST ADVICE: Clint Eastwood told me, “Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.”
10 YEARS FROM NOW: I hope to be distributing Oscar-nominated films with GoDigital.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: Securing funding from Preferred Ventures [nearly $1 million]. Within Hollywood, it let people know that big money and smart people have invested in us, and we are not a fly-by-night operation.
MOVIE FIX: Dumb & Dumber. It’s one of the more underrated films ever. Jim Carrey was so dead-on as Lloyd Christmas.
ONLINE OBSESSION: I check the iTunes trailer page. When I was a kid, watching trailers was one of my favorite things.
WHEN I’M NOT WORKING I’M: Surfing in Manhattan Beach.
I WAKE UP: AT 6 a.m.
THE FIRST THING I DO: Try to leave the room without waking up my wife, Jessica, and dog Bodhi.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead