Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
While a student at Loyola Marymount University, Mulvey, 28, launched his company GoDigital (a music distribution service). The Solana Beach, Calif., native got a break when Master P agreed to let Mulvey handle his digital distribution. Today, the L.A.-based company has evolved to focus solely on the digital distribution of movies (and has done so for more than 500 films).
BEST ADVICE: Clint Eastwood told me, “Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.”
10 YEARS FROM NOW: I hope to be distributing Oscar-nominated films with GoDigital.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: Securing funding from Preferred Ventures [nearly $1 million]. Within Hollywood, it let people know that big money and smart people have invested in us, and we are not a fly-by-night operation.
MOVIE FIX: Dumb & Dumber. It’s one of the more underrated films ever. Jim Carrey was so dead-on as Lloyd Christmas.
ONLINE OBSESSION: I check the iTunes trailer page. When I was a kid, watching trailers was one of my favorite things.
WHEN I’M NOT WORKING I’M: Surfing in Manhattan Beach.
I WAKE UP: AT 6 a.m.
THE FIRST THING I DO: Try to leave the room without waking up my wife, Jessica, and dog Bodhi.
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!