Women in Entertainment 2010 - Power 100 List
Since General Electric signed a deal in December 2009 to sell 51 percent of NBC Universal to Comcast, Calpeter’s workload has increased exponentially. “I feel like I’m kind of doing two, maybe three jobs,” she says, from day-to-day operations and the complex details of the transition to raising $9.1 billion for NBC Uni’s IPO. That has left her little time for friends or recreation, save for a two-week summer vacation on the Jersey Shore, but she’s not complaining. “It’s exhausting but incredibly exhilarating,” the Cornell graduate says. It’s certainly not the life she envisioned as a girl growing up in Syracuse, N.Y., where she was a multisport athlete with dreams of becoming a veterinarian. “I’m triaging businesses instead of Labrador retrievers,” she says with a laugh.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!