Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
After years of quietly crafting her career onstage, in small films and on TV (she was a regular on ABC's short-lived 2011 drama Off the Map), Meryl Streep's eldest daughter, 29 (and wife of actor Benjamin Walker) is grabbing her own headlines now as the star of the new medical dramedy on The CW.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: Aside from my mom? I say the person I go to for advice is Claire Danes.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: Emily Owens. Carrying the show and its development and getting up every day to try my best.
BEST ADVICE: My dad [sculptor Don Gummer] always says, "Start by starting."
CAN'T-MISS TV: I can't wait for Girls to come back. I miss it. It makes me feel stronger.
MOVIE FIX: The Last Unicorn. It's a cartoon movie I watch whenever I go home. I pull out the VCR and pop it in. It makes me feel 8 years old.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: Eating, drinking and then trying to get through yoga class.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!