Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
After years of quietly crafting her career onstage, in small films and on TV (she was a regular on ABC's short-lived 2011 drama Off the Map), Meryl Streep's eldest daughter, 29 (and wife of actor Benjamin Walker) is grabbing her own headlines now as the star of the new medical dramedy on The CW.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: Aside from my mom? I say the person I go to for advice is Claire Danes.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: Emily Owens. Carrying the show and its development and getting up every day to try my best.
BEST ADVICE: My dad [sculptor Don Gummer] always says, "Start by starting."
CAN'T-MISS TV: I can't wait for Girls to come back. I miss it. It makes me feel stronger.
MOVIE FIX: The Last Unicorn. It's a cartoon movie I watch whenever I go home. I pull out the VCR and pop it in. It makes me feel 8 years old.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: Eating, drinking and then trying to get through yoga class.
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)