The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Influential Interior Designers in L.A.
Masters of creating clean, modern environments coupled with a timeless aesthetic, Leo Marmol and Ron Radziner earned the design community’s unwavering attention in 2007 for their respectful and enlightened restoration of Richard Neutra’s Kaufmann House in Palm Springs. Warming up modernism with their extensive use of stone and wood, the design duo’s living spaces are customarily linear but never lacking in character.
They like to showcase craftsmanship with quality casework and built-ins — as they did for their sexily masculine showhouse bedroom, inspired by director David Fincher — and frequently use natural outside elements to create a visual dialogue between indoor and outdoor spaces. “I would describe our style as modern but of-the-earth, with a keen sensitivity to the landscape beyond,” says Radziner. Marmol and Radziner, each married with two children, are residents of a craftsman cottage in Rustic Canyon and a self-designed house in Venice, respectively.
Current inspirations: “Jack White’s Blunderbuss. I could watch Francis Ford Coppola’s Rumblefish over and over — so evocative in its black, white, gray and smoke,” says Radziner.
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!