The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Influential Interior Designers in L.A.
Martyn Lawrence Bullard came to Hollywood 20 years ago to be an actor and wound up in the 1998 Ed Wood-penned I Woke Up Early the Day I Died. The campy film proved to be Lawrence Bullard’s entree into design. After a producer saw the designer’s own house, he asked Lawrence Bullard to reimagine the offices of his production company. “I had $30,000 to do the whole 5,000-square-foot offices — I’ve spent that on lamps recently,” says Lawrence Bullard, who now stars on Million Dollar Decorators and has furniture and fabric lines, with other product lines in the works.
That office job led to other industry work — Cheryl Tiegs was an early, notable client — and a career working with some of the industry’s biggest players. He has, for example, designed the Sierra Towers residences of Cher and Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne. For Cher, that entailed creating an “Indian fantasy — she said she wanted to feel like she was the first wife of a maharaja.”
Top inspiration: “Diversity [of styles and cultures] feeds my creativity.”
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014