The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Influential Interior Designers in L.A.
Mary McDonald would have been at home in a 1930s screwball comedy. The Brentwood native and former hatmaker wisecracked her way through the first season of Million Dollar Decorators spouting lines like, “I try to force everyone to be more glamorous.” McDonald describes her style as “whimsical classicism,” which manifests itself in more-is-more rooms (Indian and Chinoiserie touches, silk stripes and zebra rugs) with a spot-on sense of formal composition. Her favorite luxury, she admits, is “flying in my clients’ jet to shop in Paris for a mere two days.”
Current inspiration: Late French designer Jacques Adnet, Cecil Beaton watercolors, artist Konstantin Kakanias, Merchant Ivory films.
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)