THR's Power Business Managers 2013
Rooming with then-budding comic Paul Provenza a few decades ago, Lichtenberg met Larry David, an early client. "The audience didn't get him at all in 1984," he recalls. "One day after a show, Larry tells me, 'You don't have to keep me if you don't want to anymore.' I stuck with him." His stable of funny clients has grown and now includes Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon.
Lichtenberg adds that he has been in "gatekeeper" mode lately, factoring in "a strange economy that's in recovery but doesn't feel like it." Despite this, his wealthy clients won't forgo their luxuries. One reserved a $250,000 seat on the Virgin Galactic. "He's at the top of the list whenever that thing blasts into outer space," says Lichtenberg. "There was no talking him out of it."
- Exclusive Photos of A$AP Rocky Chilling, Blazing With an Artist Pal
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Jason Statham Dishes on Working With Pretentious Actors
- Tom Cruise Always Wants to Give His Audience Their 'Money's Worth'
- Bruce Jenner Fires Back at Lawsuit Over Wrongful Car Crash Death
- Zosia Mamet, Fred Armisen, & Vanessa Bayer Recreate the 'Golden Girls' for Jenny Lewis' 'She's Not Me' Video - Watch Now!