THR's Power Business Managers 2013
Rooming with then-budding comic Paul Provenza a few decades ago, Lichtenberg met Larry David, an early client. "The audience didn't get him at all in 1984," he recalls. "One day after a show, Larry tells me, 'You don't have to keep me if you don't want to anymore.' I stuck with him." His stable of funny clients has grown and now includes Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon.
Lichtenberg adds that he has been in "gatekeeper" mode lately, factoring in "a strange economy that's in recovery but doesn't feel like it." Despite this, his wealthy clients won't forgo their luxuries. One reserved a $250,000 seat on the Virgin Galactic. "He's at the top of the list whenever that thing blasts into outer space," says Lichtenberg. "There was no talking him out of it."
- Jimmy Kimmel Says Bill Murray's Parenting Advice Is 'Right On!'
- Justin Timberlake And Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit With Tabloid Over Libelous Article
- Why Scandal Is One of the Most Important Shows Ever for the Gay Rights Movement
- The Cast Of 'The Room' Wants To Make A Mockumentary About Where They Are Now
- Emilia Clarke & Michiel Huisman Take a 'Game of Thrones' Filming Break in Spain!
- Ellie Goulding & Calvin Harris Team Up for 'Outside' Music Video
- Jennifer Hudson Is Hotter Than Ever at 'Turn It Up For Change' Ball Benefit!
- Chris Evans & Minka Kelly Spotted Out Together - Are the Former Exes Back On?