THR's Power Business Managers 2013
Rooming with then-budding comic Paul Provenza a few decades ago, Lichtenberg met Larry David, an early client. "The audience didn't get him at all in 1984," he recalls. "One day after a show, Larry tells me, 'You don't have to keep me if you don't want to anymore.' I stuck with him." His stable of funny clients has grown and now includes Will Ferrell and Molly Shannon.
Lichtenberg adds that he has been in "gatekeeper" mode lately, factoring in "a strange economy that's in recovery but doesn't feel like it." Despite this, his wealthy clients won't forgo their luxuries. One reserved a $250,000 seat on the Virgin Galactic. "He's at the top of the list whenever that thing blasts into outer space," says Lichtenberg. "There was no talking him out of it."
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet