Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
Matzkin has probably watched more TV the past four years while working at Warners than in the rest of his life combined. This is quite a thrill for a guy who was allowed to watch only one TV show per week (The Cosby Show) by his ophthalmologist father and elementary school teacher mother while growing up in Westlake Village, Calif. "I still remember the day when I saw a preview for ALF and that made me feel like television was a special medium of communication," he jokes. Since joining the studio in 2006, Matzkin has gone from drafting contracts to his current position as an upfront dealmaker, most recently setting up the CW's Hellcats, CBS' Mike & Molly and the Jerry Bruckheimer newbies Chase on NBC and ABC's The Whole Truth."Most days there is a moment where I feel like, 'Damn, I love what I do,' " says the football-obsessed ("football isn't a hobby, it's a core essence of the spirit," he quips) father of two, who now allows his kids to watch an hour of TV a day.
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor