Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Megan Ellison -- backed by her billionaire father, Larry Ellison -- has quickly become Hollywood's go-to financier for prestige projects. Her slate of films includes The Master, Lawless, Killing Them Softly and Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty. She's also financing Bennett Miller's next film, Foxcatcher, and holds the rights to the Terminator franchise. Ellison, 26, who operates out of her compound in the Hollywood Hills, is notoriously reluctant about talking to the media and has declined participation in this year's Next Gen package. Instead, she chooses to communicate publicly via quotes posted on her official Twitter account, @meganeellison. A sampling:
• 'Dear diary, my teen-angst bullshit now has a body count.'-- Heathers (1988)
• 'If you're going through hell, keep going.' -- Winston Churchill
• 'You know that place between sleep and awake? … That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.' – Hook (1991)
• My Hollywood Proverbs, part 3: -possession is nine-tenths of the law-'you're gonna need a bigger boat.' JAWS (1975)
• 'Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.' – Tupac Shakur
• 'If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour…you're gonna see some serious shit.' – Back to the Future (1985)
• 'Expect everything, I always say, and the unexpected never happens.' – Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offiical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!
- Orlando Bloom & Selena Gomez Walk Just Steps Apart From Each Other at the Airport
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Adds British Actor Max Brown to Season Two!
- Jude Law & Colin Firth Film 'Genius' Together in the Rain!