THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Cook is known for pushing herself to the limit, whether it’s doing triathlons, heli-skiing or bicycling 60 miles in a charity race. Similarly, in her career Cook — married for 27 years with a daughter, 24, and son, 20 — has scaled daunting heights, becoming the first female partner at the powerhouse law firm and signing new clients like Carey Mulligan to add to her A-list roster, which includes Tim Burton, Scott Rudin andKeanu Reeves. She occasionally gets bruised, like when she fell face-first during the bike race, but manages to connect it back to her work. “I looked like the Bride of Frankenstein!” she says.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: In law school, I learned there was a specialty of law that allowed me to represent artists.
Best advice I’ve ever gotten: From my father, Judge James Cook, who told me to work hard and always tell the truth. Also, federal court Judge Harry Pregerson told me to build a practice of my own clients.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Paddleboarding, riding my bike and catching the sunset at our house in Hermosa Beach.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images