Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
After working at Imagine and ABC, Frankel, 33, (a Syracuse University grad raised in Lafayette Hill, Pa.) was brought aboard at USA to spearhead the drama-heavy network’s foray into comedy. She’s shepherding USA’s comedy pilots, Sirens (from Denis Leary) and Paging Dr. Freed, starring Annie Potts.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: Katie O’Connell, my first boss at Imagine Television back in 2001.
BIG BREAK: Being hired by Steve Stark to be a manager of development at Grammnet Television from my assistant desk at ABC.
10 YEARS FROM NOW: I hope to be a nonwriting producer.
BEST ADVICE: Nobody ever dies with an empty inbox. I used to toil away as an assistant, and Imagine’s Skip Chasey walked by my desk and said somebody had once said it to him. I said, “You’re right, I’m going home.”
CAREER INSPIRATION: Growing up, I was like a walking TV Guide. I knew the grid and what was on what channel. I watched Moonlighting with my dad and Dallas with my mom.
ONLINE OBSESSION: Facebook and Gawker.
WHEN I’M NOT WORKING I’M: Playing with my 17-month-old baby, Zoe [with writer husband Etan Frankel]. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m obsessed with her.
- The Cannes Diaries 2015: Aishwarya, Hitchcock, Heelgate and Wajib
- Jane Fonda Discusses Why She Thought Warren Beatty Was Gay In W Magazine Interview
- "Valley of Love" at Cannes: Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu Summoned to Californian Desert by Dead Son
- B.B. King Viewing Draws More Than 1,000 In Las Vegas
- Johnny Depp Transforms into Whitey Bulgar in 'Black Mass' Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- John Stamos Releases Statement on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Not Returning For 'Full House' Revival
- Dakota Fanning Dealt With Inappropriate Questions During Childhood
- Orange is the New Black's Dascha Polanco Opens Up on Battling Depression