THR's Power Business Managers 2012
Michael Kaplan’s firm manages about 6,000 clients through offices in Seattle, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Given that deep client roster of directors, producers, writers and several top music industry players, it might seem difficult to service them all.
But Kaplan insists he takes a handson approach. “I like to spend time with them discussing exactly what we’re doing,” he says. That philosophy means that while clients are handing over their finances to be dealt with, Kaplan includes them in the management decision-making process as much as possible. “I want them to be aware of how I’m dealing with it for them.”
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Now That You've Seen Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Hannibal Producers on Clarice Starling’s Arrival and Who Survived the Massacre
- Morgan Freeman Tries Helium Again for Jimmy Fallon
- Ian Somerhalder Heads to Comic-Con After Looking Lovey Dovey with Rumored Girlfriend Nikki Reed
- Matt Bomer Accidentally Gropes Liv Tyler in 'Space Station 76' Trailer
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Head on Vacation with Family!
- Mad Men's Jessica Pare Takes Advantage of Her Free Time After Filming Wraps!