The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
With his brand of hard-edged negotiation tactics, Ovitz is credited with bringing Hollywood to the art world. Mentored by renowned collector Barry Lowen, then SoHo's Mary Boone and later Pace Gallery's Arne Glimcher, Ovitz became the first major industry player to sit on the board at the Museum of Modern Art.
Ovitz amassed more than 1,500 critical works, from standard-bearers such as Pablo Picasso, Mark Rothko and Roy Lichtenstein to young guns Sterling Ruby, Carol Bove, Isa Genzken and Roe Ethridge. To house it all, he commissioned Michael Maltzan to design a perforated-steel villa in Benedict Canyon, which Ovitz completed in 2011. Visitors are treated to a view of his prized Jasper Johns, White Flag, which holds pride of place between a Robert Rauschenberg and a Willem de Kooning.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014