The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
With his brand of hard-edged negotiation tactics, Ovitz is credited with bringing Hollywood to the art world. Mentored by renowned collector Barry Lowen, then SoHo's Mary Boone and later Pace Gallery's Arne Glimcher, Ovitz became the first major industry player to sit on the board at the Museum of Modern Art.
Ovitz amassed more than 1,500 critical works, from standard-bearers such as Pablo Picasso, Mark Rothko and Roy Lichtenstein to young guns Sterling Ruby, Carol Bove, Isa Genzken and Roe Ethridge. To house it all, he commissioned Michael Maltzan to design a perforated-steel villa in Benedict Canyon, which Ovitz completed in 2011. Visitors are treated to a view of his prized Jasper Johns, White Flag, which holds pride of place between a Robert Rauschenberg and a Willem de Kooning.
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!