Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
"I went to business school because the last thing I wanted to do was make movies," says Schaefer, who grew up in Cologne, Germany, the son of a movie director and producer. "Turns out I only wanted to make movies." After stints as an indie producer and working for New Line senior vp European production Ileen Maisel (The Golden Compass) in London, a visit to the Festival de Cannes found Schaefer breakfasting with Harvey Weinstein, who hired him "on the spot." After working for two years at the fledgling Weinstein Co., Schaefer moved over to Summit, where he has enjoyed an impressive run: He acquired The Hurt Locker at Toronto in 2008 and is overseeing, among others, an untitled Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie and Impossible, starring Naomi Watts.
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!