Next Gen 2011: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Leigh's path to Hollywood was through her thesis, "Digitization and Its Effects on the Hollywood Film Industry," which she wrote while earning her bachelor's degree in Film & TV at Brunel University in London. That thesis led her to an internship with Ken Ralston, creative head of Sony Pictures Imageworks. "And the rest, as they say, is history," Leigh, 34, says. That led to her doing preproduction work on Avatar, where Jon Landau and James Cameron introduced her to 3D filmmaking. "They were inspirational," she says. "Jon is a fantastic mentor, and Jim is a visionary. It was challenging, but wonderful." Nowadays, Leigh, who is single, spends her time educating the DGA and other organizations about 3D technology, and in the past year she helped produce the 3D elements for The Green Hornet and the Sony short film Xelerate. She's now the 3D producer on Planet B-Boys, the working title for Screen Gems' first natively shot 3D movie. Says Leigh, "We're incorporating the aesthetics of traditional film narrative with the limitless frontiers of a new technology."
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!