Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Columbia Law School
Why he matters: Mayerson calls himself the go-to lawyer for "capital looking to find safe investment structures in Hollywood." The co-chair of his firm's corporate, media and entertainment division, he oversees one of Hollywood's most active film-finance practices and counsels banks including City National, Bank of America and OneWest. During the past year, he has advised studios including Universal, Paramount and MGM on pay TV deals. Other clients include Endgame Releasing, which has a $150 million fund to market movies including Looper; real estate mogul Norton Herrick, who has done 10 transactions in movies including 2 Guns with Denzel Washington; and entertainment banker Michael Mendelsohn, who is relaunching his movie finance company Union Patriot Capital.
Key deal: Mayerson is working with a foreign investor on a $700 million studio slate deal. "The enormous growth of wealth has spawned rich people and children of rich people from all over the world interested in movies and TV," he says. "We're seeing more deal flow today than any time since the 2008 crash."
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)