Next Gen 2013: Hollywood's New Class
Meyer has been described as the Don Draper of the Internet.
A pioneer in the digital space, the New York native co-founded JASH, an original programming portal featuring the work of some of comedy's hottest names, including Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Reggie Watts and Tim & Eric. His goal: to produce high-quality web content at a relatively low cost.
Additionally, the married father of one, who graduated from USC and became an integral early employee at Maker Studios, helped launch and curate YouTube's first-ever comedy week. He also advises the White House on how to use YouTube to its advantage.
FIRST JOB: Intern and then PA on The West Wing.
20 YEARS FROM NOW: I hope I'll still be experimenting. That's the best part about the Internet now -- it's still the Wild Wild West. If you're not having fun right now in the digital space, you're not doing it right.
IF I'M NOT WORKING: Playing with my son. I never thought that I'd be as obsessed with him as I am. We played Avengers for three hours the other night.
IF I WEREN'T IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY: I play hockey, so in an ideal world I'd be playing hockey professionally.
BOOK ON MY NIGHTSTAND: Tina Fey's Bossypants
HUMILIATING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: There were a lot of transsexual hookers who worked the corners at this one production company's office. Because we had a parking lot that was a little off the path, they would always go in the corner and poop. So my second week of working in that office, I had to go out and pick up poop.Click here to see THR's complete Next Gen 2013 list.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!