The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Influential Interior Designers in L.A.
As much as Molly Isaksen’s high-end East Coast preppy vibe has Hollywood’s power elite (from Spielberg and Meyer to Lisa and Dustin Hoffman) entranced, she is “inspired by my clients.” Other inspirations? “Art Deco for the beautiful finishes, Jean-Michel Frank for his timeless design and anything by Herve Van der Straeten.”
Her own home is an example of her elegant, timeless aesthetic: It’s a traditional Colonial Williamsburg vision “built in 1938 and originally owned by Fred MacMurray and his family.” Married to Jay Sures, a partner at United Talent Agency, the always understated Isaksen can’t live without “friends, family, travel, design books and a great bottle of rosé,” and has only one pet peeve: “Anything trendy.”
On Hollywood style: “Hollywood makes me think of a glamorous time, dinner parties in formal dining rooms, dressing for lunch and a cocktail with everything.”
- Hailee Steinfeld Shows Off Singing Chops With Shawn Mendes 'Stitches' Duet
- Sh*t That Everyone Seems To Inexplicably Do In An Uber
- See The Emotional First Teaser For Cary Fukunaga's Netflix Film, 'Beasts Of No Nation'
- This Is The Awesome Body-Positive Mantra Kate Winslet Recites With Her Teenage Daughter
- Quiz: Who Said It, Real Housewife Ramona Singer or Fake Youngster Ramona Quimby?
- Morrissey Says He Was Sexually Assaulted by San Francisco Airport Security
- Taxi Driver, Girls, and 7 Other Big Influences on Mr. Robot
- Difficult People Trailer: Julie Klausner Joins Billy Eichner in Shouting at People on the Street