Reality TV: THR's 50 Most Powerful List
September’s finale of the original Teen Mom series in no way spells an end to the top rated MTV phenomenon. The second season of Teen Mom 2 finished in February with 3.5 million viewers, prompting the network to order a third incarnation of the 16 and Pregnant spinoff.
Freeman, who before his reality TV career directed a Sundance Film Festival award-winning drama at age 27 called Hurricane Streets, and his Manhattan-based 11th Street Productions staff are nostalgic about leaving the four women who started the franchise.
“It’s very satisfying, having told these stories,” he says, noting that they are “open-minded” about future spinoffs with the women and that a decision likely will come after the final Teen Mom season airs.
For now, 11th Street has three series in development, of which Freeman, 42, says, “We’re really looking to show certain class and political issues, with the teen experience as our target.”
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!