Women in Entertainment 2010 - Power 100 List
Her devotion to work may mean it’s something of a surprise that movies never were Kirkpatrick’s dream job: A
gymnastics coach in her youth, she initially moved from Virginia to Los Angeles in hope of landing a job in sports marketing, only to be scooped up by Warner Bros. One of the first hires Rob Friedman made when he teamed with Patrick Wachsberger in 2007 to launch Summit was Kirkpatrick, a staffer from his Paramount days. It’s hardly surprising as Kirkpatrick is tough, shrewd and — after a couple of initial mistakes at Summit — brilliant. Case in point: Summit’s vampire phenomenon The Twilight Saga, whose latest installment, Eclipse, has earned more than $690 million worldwide. Summit also boasts this year’s best picture Oscar winner, The Hurt Locker. Her top moment, though? Meeting George Harrison. “It’s hard to recover from your first Beatle,” she says.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup