Power Lawyers 2012
Johnson is fearless about taking on the biggest studio players. He’s representing older actors such as Richard Dreyfuss and Mike Connors (Mannix) in profit- sharing disputes. He has sued for groups like The Temptations over digital music royalties, and he’s fighting rapper Drake for using recorded phone calls in a song and not sharing credit. Having represented more individuals than any other attorney in civil lawsuits emanating from the Anthony Pellicano wiretapping affair, he just became involved in a suit against Tom Cruise and lawyer Bert Fields for their own alleged roles. At L.A. nightclubs, catch him performing with his folk-rock band Trevor McShane.
Most satisfying career moment: Johnson won a California Supreme Court decision against ABC’s Primetime Live over covert taping by a reporter. “We fought long and hard, and the odds were difficult, but the victory really advanced the law of privacy and now is taught in law schools everywhere.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!