Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
It's no surprise that Harvard graduate Cassidy landed in the television business: She spent her childhood moving from market to market with her TV station-managing father. But two college internships in summer 1997 -- one reading scripts at Richard Donner's company and the other stuck in an office on a feature at Warner Bros. Animation -- made her career choice clear. "I liked working more on the creative side with material -- directly," she says. These days, Cassidy makes that dream come true working on Mixed Signals (adapted from the Israeli dramedy Traffic Light) and has brought aboard in-demand writers like Jhoni Marchinko and Liz Astrof while also serving as point person on deals with the Chernin Co. and Gary Janetti. With a mom who works at Williams-Sonoma, Cassidy gets lots of interesting kitchen paraphernalia and says, "I watch a lot of The Barefoot Contessa, and I can make a good lasagna."
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!