Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
Chavez began her career working in the wardrobe department of The O.C., where she met loyal client Bilson (Hart of Dixie), for whom she later helped craft a girly hipster look.
“We shared a very similar love for fashion,” says Chavez, who recalls dressing her young clients in Derek Lam and Brian Reyes, who were up-and-coming designers eight years ago. “New talent breeds new talent. Rachel introduced me to Kristen Bell, and that was when I really felt legitimate,” she says.
Recent hits for the stylist: Bilson stepping out in a silver Chanel dress with metallic floral applique and a cool cropped motorcycle jacket for a pre-Oscar dinner hosted by the label, and Bell wearing a red lace Valentino top with a matching leather skirt at the People’s Choice Awards.
Chavez’s favorite look this year was Heigl’s red Herve L. Leroux dress at January’s One for the Money premiere in New York. Says Chavez, who was then very pregnant (she and her husband, UTA agent Kevin Volchok, welcomed son Zev on Feb. 6): “I was just hoping I wasn’t going to go into labor in the middle of the press tour.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead