Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
Chavez began her career working in the wardrobe department of The O.C., where she met loyal client Bilson (Hart of Dixie), for whom she later helped craft a girly hipster look.
“We shared a very similar love for fashion,” says Chavez, who recalls dressing her young clients in Derek Lam and Brian Reyes, who were up-and-coming designers eight years ago. “New talent breeds new talent. Rachel introduced me to Kristen Bell, and that was when I really felt legitimate,” she says.
Recent hits for the stylist: Bilson stepping out in a silver Chanel dress with metallic floral applique and a cool cropped motorcycle jacket for a pre-Oscar dinner hosted by the label, and Bell wearing a red lace Valentino top with a matching leather skirt at the People’s Choice Awards.
Chavez’s favorite look this year was Heigl’s red Herve L. Leroux dress at January’s One for the Money premiere in New York. Says Chavez, who was then very pregnant (she and her husband, UTA agent Kevin Volchok, welcomed son Zev on Feb. 6): “I was just hoping I wasn’t going to go into labor in the middle of the press tour.”
- #BeyoncéAlwaysOnBeat, an Ode to Beyoncé’s Flawless Choreography, Is 2015’s Best Meme So Far
- Amy Schumer Got Super Real on The Bachelorette Last Night
- Avid Watercolorist Howard Stern Gave David Letterman a Daffodil Painting for His Farewell
- Justin Bieber Covers ‘I’ll Make Love to You,’ Humps the Floor, Makes You Wish You Were the Floor
- Katharine McPhee Releases First New Music in Years with 'Lick My Lips' Video - Watch Now!
- Melissa McCarthy & Jason Statham's 'Spy' Earned $12.5 Million Overseas For First Box Office Weekend
- Johnny Depp Could Face Jail Time For Not Properly Quarantining His Dogs in Australia
- The 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' Went Viral This Weekend