THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Rocco and Universal are enjoying a record year at the North American box office, with $1.2 billion in ticket sales. Rocco, 63, has more experience than any female executive in terms of leading a studio distribution operation, a job requiring strong negotiation skills (battling theater owners for screen time isn't for the faint of heart). Ted was a surprise hit, earning $218.7 million in North America. Rocco's slow rollout plan for Pitch Perfect also paid off, with the musical comedy earning north of $65 million to date.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: I was in high school in Flushing, Queens, and was offered an opportunity to work at Universal after school in the distribution and sales department. I fell in love.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Rearranging our summer schedule and moving Ted and Savages.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Play golf.
My indulgence: A glass of cabernet.
Can't get through my workday without: Looking at box-office grosses at 5:40 a.m.
Most surprising song on my iPod: "Livin' Thing" by ELO.
When my relatives are confused about what I do, I tell them: We put movies in theaters.
Top shows on my DVR: Any Yankees game during the season and reruns of Boardwalk Empire.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- 'Entourage' Cast & Creator Doug Ellin Are Not Worried About Critics: 'We Were A Very Critically Acclaimed Show'
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss