Power Lawyers 2011
Elegant and gracious, Shaw is more than just a dealmaker: She's also known for mentoring young men and women (she participated in THR's own Women in Entertainment mentor program) and being open to helping almost any newcomer to the business. That's especially impressive when you consider how busy she's been putting together mega-million pacts for the likes of Jamie Foxx (in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained), executive producer Pam Veasey (whose Ringer premieres in September on the CW) and Dallas-based pastor T.D. Jakes (she's putting together a slate of movies for him and Screen Gems, with Heaven Is for Real and a remake of Sparkle next). Jakes illustrates the blend of old and new she believes is critical to the business. "We're all searching for a way into both the traditional media and new media," she says, adding, "It's so important to have a perspective beyond work. That's why mentoring matters. It's really the small things you do that count."
- Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' Director Tries To Defend The Video After Claims Of Racism, But Fails
- Here's Why Nicole Richie Is Your New Favorite Gay Icon
- Ellen Degeneres And Gap Launch Inclusive Clothing Line For Girls
- Robert Pattinson Crashed A Couple’s Wedding In Ireland, Because Dreams Do Come True
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Travel to New York City Together
- Vanessa Hudgens, Lily Collins & Camilla Belle Get Glam For The A List 15th Anniversary Party!
- Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball in Aaron Sorkin's Biopic (Report)
- Val Chmerkovskiy & Tamar Braxton Need A Team Name For 'Dancing With The Stars'