THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Shaw is a Renaissance woman. When not at the office, she often can be spotted at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, at small stage plays or listening to jazz. The married mother of two most enjoys representing artists on the rise, such as director Ava DuVernay, who won the best director prize at Sundance for Middle of Nowhere. Shaw, 58, also is excited about client Jamie Foxx's lead role in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained and client Arsenio Hall's return to late-night television.
Proudest moment this year: When Ava won at Sundance. It was so unexpected.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Saying no to more work. You realize that you could spend 24 hours a day doing this, but you need to find a good work-life balance.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: Growing up, I watched my uncle, who was in the advertising business in the '60s and '70s, become a real "mad man." He did groundbreaking work for interesting people like Aretha Franklin.
Most surprising song on my iPod: Depends what you consider surprising. I do have Nine Inch Nails -- someone sent it to me thinking I'd like it. So maybe that's not surprising.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: "Go your own path." Emulating others is just a waste of time because while you can take direction and be mentored, you'll only be successful if you're unique and original.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!