THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
With the help of juggernauts NCIS and The Big Bang Theory, Tassler's CBS finished the 2011-12 primetime season as the most-watched network for the ninth time in 10 years. As the longest-serving broadcast entertainment president, the married mother of two, 55, also can lay claim to the fastest-growing daytime show (The Talk) and new hits Vegas and Elementary.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: When I got a job to be an assistant to a literary agent at a small talent agency. I chose that job over another job, which was executive assistant to the president of the import/export division of the Thrifty Corp. I made the right choice.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: See my husband [director Jerry Levine] and 14-year-old daughter. I'm very involved in my kid's life -- it's great being able to see her every day, her volleyball games and all of her teen drama.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: I love to just be able to read for pleasure.
My indulgence: Shoe shopping online, usually Nordstrom.com.
Can't get through my workday without: I'm a big coffee drinker, much to my doctor's chagrin. I'm a multicup girl. And that's not what makes me so hyper. It just seems to intensify it.
Totally starstruck around: I recently had lunch with Morgan Freeman, and I was out-of-my-mind starstruck. Also, [president of Israel] Shimon Peres.
When people are confused about what I do, I tell them: There's the, "Do you make shows?" Sort of. "Do you produce shows?" Sort of. Usually, when people meet me, they don't believe what I do. I was at a fundraising barbecue, and a very, very well-known basketball player was there, and a friend said to him, "I want to introduce you to the president of CBS." And the player went to shake my husband's hand.
Top three shows on my DVR: 60 Minutes, the IBA News from Israel and documentaries. I'm sort of a documentary addict.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- More Than a Feeling: The Importance (and Necessity) of Pixar's Inside Out
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered