THR Names Music's 35 Top Hitmakers
This story first appeared in the Feb. 15 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
"We focus on special moments as opposed to what the tempo is or how it's gonna move at the club" -- that's how Shebib describes his approach to producing Drake's smooth, steady grooves. The Toronto natives have worked together nearly all of their professional lives, and through their deal with Universal and Cash Money Records they have complete control over their recordings. "These labels are looking to Drake to tell them what to do," says Shebib, 29. "This is extremely rare, and we are blessed."Click here to read THR's complete Pop's Top 35 Hitmakers list.
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!