THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Winfrey, 58, finally can claim some momentum at her fledgling network, with three straight quarters of ratings growth. Her footprint also includes O, The Oprah Magazine, a SiriusXM channel, 15 million Twitter followers, a Facebook page with nearly 8 million subscribers and a new content channel on Huffington Post.
Who gave me my first big break: John Heidelberg, a radio disc jockey at WVOL in Nashville. He asked, "Would you like to hear your voice on tape, young lady?" I auditioned and was given the job that day.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: Go home to my superpack: Luke, Layla, Lauren, Sunny and Sadie, my five dogs.
Proudest accomplishment this year: OWN turned that corner. Woo-hoo!
Can't get through my workday without: A cup of masala chai with extra ginger.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: From Maya Angelou: "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup