THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Winfrey, 58, finally can claim some momentum at her fledgling network, with three straight quarters of ratings growth. Her footprint also includes O, The Oprah Magazine, a SiriusXM channel, 15 million Twitter followers, a Facebook page with nearly 8 million subscribers and a new content channel on Huffington Post.
Who gave me my first big break: John Heidelberg, a radio disc jockey at WVOL in Nashville. He asked, "Would you like to hear your voice on tape, young lady?" I auditioned and was given the job that day.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: Go home to my superpack: Luke, Layla, Lauren, Sunny and Sadie, my five dogs.
Proudest accomplishment this year: OWN turned that corner. Woo-hoo!
Can't get through my workday without: A cup of masala chai with extra ginger.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: From Maya Angelou: "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!