THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Winfrey, 58, finally can claim some momentum at her fledgling network, with three straight quarters of ratings growth. Her footprint also includes O, The Oprah Magazine, a SiriusXM channel, 15 million Twitter followers, a Facebook page with nearly 8 million subscribers and a new content channel on Huffington Post.
Who gave me my first big break: John Heidelberg, a radio disc jockey at WVOL in Nashville. He asked, "Would you like to hear your voice on tape, young lady?" I auditioned and was given the job that day.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: Go home to my superpack: Luke, Layla, Lauren, Sunny and Sadie, my five dogs.
Proudest accomplishment this year: OWN turned that corner. Woo-hoo!
Can't get through my workday without: A cup of masala chai with extra ginger.
What I'd tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: From Maya Angelou: "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Sweet Painting Lady: Ciara McAvoy Resurrects the Art of the Movie Poster
- Illustrators Protest Qatar's Alleged World Cup Labor Abuses With Redesigned Logos
- Let Rapping Big Bird Make Your Day As He Throws Down To Big Pun's 'Still Not A Player'
- This Creative Bride And Groom Had A Bunch Of Puppets Officiate Their Wedding
- Dang, Kanye West Settled That Lawsuit Over His 'Bound 2' Sample
- Lenny Jacobson on the Crazy Big Time In Hollywood, FL Finale, and Why the Show Makes for a Perfect Binge-Watch
- Batman Spotted on Suicide Squad Set Doing Batman Stuff
- Jeremy Renner Reenacted Wedding Crashers, Except for That Very Long, Unfunny Part in the Third Act