THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
In a milestone year for Dick Clark Productions, Adelson was a constant, producing the company's many TV shows -- from the American Music Awards to New Year's Rockin' Eve -- while also developed new programs for new platforms. It was also a year in which founder Dick Clark died (and she arranged to pay tribute to him on several of the company's shows) and DCP won a key victory in round one of its lawsuit against the Hollywood Foreign Press Association over control of broadcast rights to the Golden Globes and was sold to a group led by Guggenheim Partners (part-owners of The Hollywood Reporter's parent company). Adelson, 56, also expanded the digital programming around such staples as the AMAs and helped reinvent the online Streamy Awards.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: When I saw that you could combine creative and business. This is when I was about 28. I was working in advertising.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: To choose the last two acts in every one of our shows. The last two are the toughest.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Exercise, watch movies and do yoga. Most weekends I see two movies, different genres.
One indulgence: There's lots of chocolate in my office.
Most surprising song on my iPod: "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull.
Totally starstruck around: Helen Mirren.
Top three shows on my DVR: Saturday Night Live, Homeland and So You Think You Can Dance.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life