Next Gen 2013: Hollywood's New Class
Shetty can tout a supervising producer credit on Fox comedy New Girl, with which he has been heavily involved since the pitch stage years earlier.
As the TV comedy exec at Peter Chernin's entertainment company, the Chicago-area native has been hands-on with Fox's short-lived critical darling Ben and Kate as well as development projects with Russell Brand, Horrible Bosses scribes John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein and comedian/writer Keenen Ivory Wayans.
Shetty, a graduate of the University of Illinois, joined Chernin when it launched in 2009 after he put in time as a development executive at NBC and, before that, as Lorne Michaels' assistant.
FIRST JOB: The page program at NBC. When you're not giving horrible tours of 30 Rock, you're competing for these three- or four-month assignments. I was lucky enough to get some really good ones. I was in Bob Wright's office when he was the CEO and, at the same time, I was at SNL on Saturdays. Then I did the Today show over the summer.
MUST-SEE TV: Veep
IN MY BIOPIC, THE ACTOR PLAYING ME WOULD BE: First Charlie Hunnam, then Jamie Dornan. But I really want Matt Bomer.
PROJECT I'D POACH: True Detective [launching in early 2014 on HBO]
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!